Sunday 8 February 2015

99: Waterbom Park


I watch in disbelief
Questioning, is this the same child?
Happy and carefree
Rushing in every direction
Climbing, then sliding, then standing underneath
Delighted as the bucket tips
Torrents of water, falling on your head.

Your innocent playful behaviour
Delights me
I am in love again.
I love my life
I love this amazing place of contrasts
My heart is full
Mere happiness does not describe this emotion.

I spend an hour drinking in this feeling
Replenishing my soul
I watch and wait enraptured
Until you have had your fill
And ask to leave.

We move on to ever greater thrills and achievements
From being unable to climb the steps in terror
To going alone to the top of the tower
And patiently waiting for another go.
I am in a state of constant wonder
At what you have achieved.
My doubts and recriminations have vanished
We will come here again
It has been worth the pain.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment