Friday 13 February 2015

110: The Journey


I get scared
At this point in the journey
Wondering, hoping
Trying not to worry.

I’m having fun
That should be enough
And yet my thoughts run forward
And won’t be stopped.

I want to know
If this is going to last
I want to know
If I’ve escaped my past.

Yet the future’s not ours
To see and to know
And we must go forward
Fast or slow.

Enjoy the journey
And this place right here
Pause and look around
Stop running in fear.

So what do I find
When I still my mind?
Happiness, love
And a lot of fun times.

Now If I’m running, to one thing
Then I must be leaving another
Which makes no sense
Unless I’m in a lot of bother.

So the moral of this poem
If it should have such a thing
Is stop worrying about the future
Just keep on living.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment