Saturday 14 February 2015

111: I Am Your Pain


Make friends with me
I am your pain
I am part of you
Do not push me away
Or pretend I do not exist.

Do not paint over the top of me
With make-up, tan and nails
And think that I have gone
I am part of your reality
If you deny my existence
You deny part of yourself.

The happy, healthy you
Is not more important
Than the hidden, heartbroken one.

The funny, fearless you
Is not more real
Than the forgotten, frightened one.

The brave, beautiful you
Is not more valuable
Than the broken, battered one.

The strong, silent you
Is not more loveable
Than the sad, screaming one.

Every time you ignore me
I will fight harder to be heard
Every time you deny me
I will push you down into your feelings
Until you learn to love me.

Hear me, feel me
I am part of you
Acknowledge me, love me
I am you.

If you are right handed
You cannot deny your left.
You need it to stabilise the jar
You open with your right.

Whether kicking a ball
Or shaking someone’s hand
You need an equal and opposite force
To fulfil your purpose.

You cannot truly feel happiness
Until you have felt your misery
You cannot truly feel love
Until you have felt lonely or abandoned.

So make friends with me
I am your pain
I am part of you
You need me to be whole
You need me to be balanced and complete
I am the key to your happiness.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment