Monday 9 February 2015

101: Love



Where have you come from?
This fire
This energy
This enthusiasm.

I am invincible
I am on fire
I am alive and vibrant.

Everything makes me happy
I skip over every obstacle
Or run around laughing gleefully.
So what’s a detour between friends?
It’s just a longer ride.

Does it matter if I can’t see you today?
Why be sad?
When I’ll have the pleasure
Of anticipation all though tomorrow.

While I work, I’ll be day-dreaming
Typing with tempo as my heart races
My smile driven by that furnace inside my chest
Stoked by your jesting messages.

This is fun and fun is irrepressible
It will not be contained
It bubbles and spills over
Contaminating all those around
It stops anger in its tracks.

Be that child again
The one that has a fit of the giggles and can’t stop
Even when the teacher is on the warpath.

The one that’s sitting there fit to burst
Trying to contain this effervescent mirth.

The one that collapses on the floor
Laughing uncontrollably and can’t remember
Why we started laughing.

Tenderness, fun and passion
Are different faces of love.
That was not love, that hated innocent childish laughter.

The safety and security to be a fool
And laugh till you snort and cry
With your face creased, incapable of speech.
That’s love.

The tenderness that gently wipes your face
Like a child, as you lie there spent
From your fit of laughing.
That’s love.

The passion that desires you
When you have abandoned your dignity
In surrender to the emotional storm, that took you over
Despite a dripping face and panda smudged eyes.
That’s love.

Surrender to me
It’s easy
Fall in love.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment