Sunday 8 February 2015

93: In Frankenstein's Lab


I can see what’s in your eyes
I can hear what’s in your voice
You don’t even try to disguise
That you think he has a choice.

You get upset and try to correct him
I wish you would leave things be
He might be wrong, but you’re making it worse
Read the signs and leave him be.

He’s in overload, petty, argumentative and rude
Nothing’s right, he’s paranoid
Please, I silently implore you
Say nothing, just let him eat his food.

I should’ve known it was a bad idea.
I did.
I should’ve acted on that knowledge.
I didn’t.
I hoped everything would be okay.
It wasn’t.
I couldn't change the decision to come here
But I could make a better one.
We left.

Lady Satellite

Note: Frankenstein's was an amazing themed bar complete with zombies, eerie lighting, spiders, body parts, and a themed menu including drinks delivered in blood transfusion bags. I knew none of this when I walked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment