Thursday 19 February 2015

117: Farewell


I want to say I hate you
But I can’t
I was growing to love you
And that hurts.
Nothing else matters;

Not the reason
For this treason
For this crime against my heart
Though I knew right from the start
It matters not.

It just hurts all the more
To know you felt it in your core
To know you wanted it but can’t
To know you’re not ready for my arms
It changes nothing.

You’ve committed no crime
You just haven’t done your time
Your past is still connected
And your freedom is affected
I can’t compete.

Though it kills me to hear you say
That we have to walk away
I know it to be true
There is still so much for you to do
So it’s over.

You haven’t grieved yet for your losses
You need to go and complete the process
I wish you well on your journey
Of my love you were worthy
So good luck.

I don’t want to say I hate you
Because it isn’t true at all
I really want to thank you
Because I have had a ball
So farewell.

Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment