Sunday 8 February 2015

98: Life On The Moon


He is sleeping now
And all is well for the two of us
We have survived the chaotic streets once again.
Dinner was a reasonably calm affair
We avoided the ‘tomato in burger’
Meltdown of yesterday
And the ‘Coca Cola not in a tin’ affair
Was only a flash-over by comparison.

I enjoyed listening to the thirty minute monologue
I was treated to after eating.
It was soothing to know that
He felt calm enough to do it.
I let him ramble peacefully on
Dodging motorbikes, holes, dogs
And debris all the while.

Bali for me is a strange place
I only understand a fraction of what is said
Misunderstandings are a regular occurrence.
I could easily get lost
Or taken advantage of
I am so ignorant of the language and rules here.

The thought strikes forcefully
That this is my son’s everyday experience.
Coming to Bali for him
Must be like me visiting the moon.
It’s a nice idea
But I am not equipped for living there.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment