Friday 13 March 2015

137: Under Pressure


Amazing things happen
When time is limited
All of a sudden
I become less inhibited.

I rush around madly
Getting things done
Some of my best work
Is done on the run.

Off to school
Then an hour on the bike
Eight at work
And then out for the night.

Next to a workshop
About writing, of course
Then catch up with a friend
And talk myself hoarse.

Home again late
With no poem to blog
Write something quick
No time to be lost.

Must get to bed
Haven’t packed yet, oh dear
Camping tomorrow
We’ll get there, no fear.

Throw it all in a bag
Before going to work
Plenty of time
Say I with a smirk.

If you gave me a week
I still wouldn’t be packed
Until the last minute
When I’m pushed to react.

Just like this poem
It’s an absolute miracle
I wrote it in five
And it’s really quite lyrical!

Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment