Monday 9 March 2015

133: Shifting Focus


What a difference a year makes
It’s hard to believe the change
From so far down to such a high
I’ve found my wings and now I fly.

It’s like all the pieces are on the table
And finally I find myself able
To see the picture that is my life
To bounce off the lows and reach the sky.

Every day, I appreciate
The things I’ve learnt and the friends I’ve gained
How I wish that I could spread this around
Help others to fly and get off the ground.

I see the struggle inside of you
I see the doubt and the pain there too
I can’t help wondering if there’s something I can do
To make a difference, to guide you through.

There has to be a reason I followed this path
Let me hold your hand and together we’ll laugh
As you trip over obstacles and land on your arse
Know you’re not alone, the bad times will pass.

I’ve been there too and when I look long range
I’m glad that I was because it made me change
Look for the good in every situation
Avoid the negative and the gossip temptation.

You can always choose a different point of view
If you don’t like what you’re seeing here’s what to do
Do what you can to lighten the load
Then shift your focus before you implode.

Find one thing in your life that makes you feel good
Let it give you energy and lift your mood
Shift your focus away from the things that are poor
Focus on the positive, then look for a door.

Watch for it opening then have the courage to go through
If you want things to change then you must try things new
Be bold, be brave, you’ve got nothing to lose
If I can do it then you can too.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment