Monday 23 March 2015

147: Home-Coming


Nearly there now
I am oscillating between joy and panic as the day grows nearer
I can feel my emotions rising to a peak
Part of me wants to ride this wave all the way
And saturate myself in the experience
The remains of the sensible person I once was
Advises caution and supplies a sobering list of what-if scenarios.

I don’t want to hear them
I will not listen
I cannot hear them because my heart is singing so loudly
It has drowned out that small cautious voice
This is my time for joy and excitement
For the love, laughter and exhilaration that this home-coming means.

Panic hovers around the edge of my dreams
But cannot survive the strength of the sunlight pouring through me
Joy is triumphant
Nearly there now
Hold on, for the ride of your life.

Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment