Wednesday 11 March 2015

136: Unknown Quantity


I have never met you
How do I feel about you?
Perhaps I feel intimidated
Because this man was yours for so long
Because you bore his children
Because he loved you once
But that would be foolish.

Perhaps I feel nothing
Because you are unimportant to me
Because I do not know you
Because it does not matter how I feel about you
But that would be untrue.

Perhaps we will be enemies
Because you might think I have stolen him away
Because you cannot bear that I exist
Because we’re all afraid
But that would be unjust.

No I have decided that I like you
Because you have good taste in men
Because you are a caring and intelligent woman
Because you are strong and resourceful
To think anything less diminishes us both.

I may never meet you
That doesn’t matter
In my heart you are important and very welcome
Because I respect you
Because I honour the past
Because I trust the future

Que sera sera.

Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment