Friday 6 March 2015

130: Tough Love


I want you to go
But I want you to stay
How contrary am I
On this subject today?

I can’t make up my mind
I dither about
Looking at pros and cons
I wear myself out.

Sometimes I need you
It helps when you’re here
But then I can’t trust you
And that generates fear.

It’s no good me wishing
You were someone you’re not
You are who you are
The daughter I got.

I love you, I love you
But that’s not enough
You’ve pushed me too far
And now this is tough.

I’m not being heartless
I’m not being cruel
I want you to learn
And I’m nobody’s fool.

If you want that life
You can’t have it here
It saddens me to say it
And I’ll shed a few tears

But you have to leave
Hope you find somewhere near
The decision is final
The decision is clear.

Take responsibility for yourself
It’s an important step
I know you can do it
It just hasn’t happened yet.

Go out into the real world
Live, love and learn
Come back wiser
And my respect you will earn.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment