Thursday 26 March 2015

149: Sensory Processing and Modulation Disorder


My switch it seems is faulty
The dial is set up wrong
Feedback from my body
Doesn’t come through strong.

Don’t know where I am
Cannot plan what to do
Can’t organise my limbs
To try something new.

Sliding along the floor
Hanging upside down
All these things I do
To stimulate my mind.

Got to get some feedback
So my mind can concentrate
Got to get some feedback
To get me thinking straight.

You may think it childish
That I drink with a straw
When I run and slide about
Instead of walking to the door.

Maybe if you understood
The body I inhabit
You would see intelligence
Where before was only madness.

My body is amazing
It knows just what it needs
To compensate for missing data
It ramps up the energy feeds.

I wrap myself in blankets
Love riding on a scooter
Need to do things physical
To boost up my computer.

Bouncing on the bed
Rolling on the floor
Sliding tackles at soccer
And there is so much more.

My body is sensory seeking
My vestibular doesn’t work
But all you see is strangeness
My behaviour full or quirks.

Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment