Tuesday 24 March 2015

148: The Snake and the Horse


There may be a different viewpoint, from your high horse
My lowly snake belly cannot imagine the wide open horizons your eyes are free to absorb
But nor can you appreciate the obstacles that litter my path.

It is predictable that we should disagree about the way forward
Understanding the other’s point of view is unlikely as we are sworn enemies
But we could work together to escape this muddy mire.

Elevate me so that I may appreciate your far sightedness
Stoop and slither in the dirt to understand how it feels seeing no way out
Let me ride on your back and feel your muscles aching with the effort of lifting hooves clear of cloying mud
Clear a path for me and observe
I am adept at gliding over the quagmire when I know which direction to go in.

Let us appreciate each other’s gifts and travails
Even the snake and the horse can learn from one another.

Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment