Friday 20 March 2015

141: Dance With Me


I love you
You know I do
I will not say it yet
But it is implied in everything I do
You know the truth
You feel it moving deep inside
Why hide?
You know it’s true
I hide just the same as you.

Fear holds us back
So much to gain
Yet so much to lose
Fragile hearts at risk
Each scared to say what is obvious
Each scared to lose the freedom they hold dear
And so we dance
Circling close and twisting away
Air crackling with unspoken feelings
Who will dare to go first?
Who will risk frightening the other?

How strange this dance is
For there is no risk
We are not fragile
This sweet ache will not kill us
If the emotion is shared we will dance ever closer
If the emotion is unequal we were never meant to be partners
Say nothing
Just dance with me
You don’t know the steps and nor do I
Let the rhythm will take us
We have nothing of value to lose
But what we have to gain is priceless.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment