Friday 27 March 2015

151: Listen, Don't Speak


Every thought is stopped
Before it can reach my mouth
Before I press upon the key
Or find another way to send it out.

I’ve imagined the conversation
Spun it round and round and round
Yet nothing has prepared me
I find I cannot make a sound.

Emotion threatens my composure
Straining for release
I am vulnerable in this state
Not a place I like to be.

Words are my friend
This should be easy for me to do
Yet after so long saying nothing
I don’t know what to say to you.

Every day that you’ve been gone
I’ve wanted to share my thoughts somehow
No way to keep in touch
Communication not allowed.

Now you’re coming back
I find I don’t know where to start
Don’t think I want to speak
Just want to listen to your heart.

Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment