Sunday 8 March 2015

132: Gone


Those dark inscrutable eyes stare at me impassively from the screen.
Your mouth shows not a hint of a curve, neither up nor down.
You are looking right at me and yet you are strangely absent.
How is it possible to shut down your face so completely
To reveal so little of who you are?

Where did you go in that moment of capture?
Why are you hiding your light from the lens?
Come back
Come back
I miss you.

Until you return this image is all I have and yet it does nothing to ease my mind.
It disquiets me to see your vessel as an empty shell.
I remember with such clarity the smile that lit up your face and warmed my heart
I remember you as animated and vibrant with a glowing aura
I remember those eyes alternately reflecting passion and mischief.

Who was the person behind the camera?
How could the photographer completely miss who you are?
Didn’t they see you?
Or were you hiding?


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment