Monday 15 December 2014

52: The Hardest Thing


Tick tock
I wait by the phone,

Tick tock
Listening to the clock,

Tick tock
I don’t want to do this,

Tick tock
Please make it stop,

I can hear your accusations, from your hospital bed
Words going round, getting inside my head.

Don’t want to live with guilt, know there’s more to come,
Don’t want to be on the run, know I have to get this done.

I’ve done nothing wrong, but that won’t stop them saying
That I’m heartless and I’m cruel, that he’s just an old fool.

So I’m going to make the call, get it done once and for all.

Ring, ring…………

My nerves are fraying, while I wait for the pick up
Too much time to think,

Ring, ring………..

It really is too much.

I want to run away again, but I’m going to see this through.
I won’t accept the burden, so there’s nothing else to do.

It doesn’t change a thing for me
You’re not forgiven, I won’t forget.

But I’ll let you know I care
Then perhaps you'll rest.


Lady Satellite


No comments:

Post a Comment