Saturday 6 December 2014

43 Knowledge


It’s not enough to hear it spoken
Or see it printed in 12 point Times New Roman.

It’s not enough priests and prophets claim it
Or teachers stand in front and write…

It’s not enough that parents indoctrinate
Or that whole countries have their governance based upon…

It’s not enough that you told me
And so it is…

It’s not enough.
It’s never enough
That I should shut my mind and heart
And believe because you tell me.

It matters not what idol or creed
Whether religious or political
It’s just power and greed

Controlling the masses
Steering the hysteria…

It doesn’t matter what you say
The mystery is here
Nearer and nearer

I don’t need you to believe me.
I don’t need to be told.
I don’t need some book
Thousands of years old.

I know what’s right
If I shut out the clamour
Of those that just want
The power and the glamour.

I know what I believe
And I know what’s true
Because I feel it inside
And so do you.


Lady Satellite


No comments:

Post a Comment