Tuesday 9 December 2014

46: Spoken Word

Oh My God 2014
The year I started living
Thanks to Steve
And a whole lot of therapy
I’ve woken up
From my dream.
I can feel for the first time
From my fingers to my toes
And everything in between.

So hard to believe my life before
I just ‘was’
But this is living.
I try new things
Boundaries have slipped away
I crave new experiences
And I savour the feelings I find.
I have become bold
And fearless
As I’ve stripped away the old.
The introvert has gone
And this new person I have found
Surprise, surprise, this me
I do not recognise
Is out there loud and proud.
An extrovert
I can’t believe I’m doing
Or considering
Half the things inside my head.

I really am alive
Like Pinocchio
Wood made into flesh
Before I was so dead.

Now I need to find my people
The ones that feel deeply as I do
The ones that will challenge
And encourage me
With energy and verve
The ones that will take me to the next level
And help me hold my nerve.

The stage, the stage
All the world’s a stage
I need to take these words
And lift them of the page.
To the devotees of spoken word
I seek you here and now
I welcome you into my world
Come what may, just WOW!

Lady Satellite


Feeling so inspired by Sarah Kay today and other spoken word artists. They write amazing poetry but then they remember all the lines and get their timing just right amazes me. I want that!!





No comments:

Post a Comment