Wednesday 10 December 2014

47: Bad Timing


Passionate is how I feel
About creative writing
Words are dancing in my head
Calling and inviting.

They romp and roll around each other
When I’m underneath the shower
They taunt and tease my brain
Hour after hour.

When I’m driving in my car
With the music playing loud
I’m tapping on the steering wheel
Soaking up the sound.

I listen to the lyrics
Penned by some other bard
Admiring the songs on which
They worked so very hard.

Suddenly the lyrics fade
And all I hear is rhythm
Then in my head new words appear
And everything is different.

Verses flow quick and easy
Appearing as if by magic
Though I cannot write them down
While my wheels turn on their axes.

I wish that I could capture
This outpouring of new rhyme
That occurs when I’m driving
And I haven’t got the time!

Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment