Tuesday 21 April 2015

175: Uncovering The Blues


Blues isn’t just music
it’s an outpouring of anguish deep within your soul.
I can no longer listen
I know this now for sure.

All music is powerfully expressing
The attitude at your core
This sound wave jars most painfully
With the joyful rhythms of my heart.

My soul just wants to dance
But this mournful
Not quite pentatonic key
Won’t allow my legs the chance.

I will not compromise my level of vibration
By choosing this again
The experiment is over
Time hasn’t changed a thing.

I thought perhaps with sparkling company
I could replace those troubled memory vibes
That by laughing and loving in that place
I could move on from those negative emotional ties.

Thought I could appreciate the blues
Without the distraction of that aggravated man
But discovered something greater
Blues music, knew that fan.

That pain deep within his soul
Was the reason he was there
And the reason I couldn’t stay
Was floating melancholic in the air.

To truly love the blues
It must speak to the essence of who you are
Of being incomplete
Of anguish, loss and deeply hidden scars.

I am grateful for this understanding
For the illumination of this fact
I could never love a blues man
Because my heart is still intact.



Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment