Thursday 9 April 2015

164: Dysfunctional?


I am what I was taught to hate
A middle class black sheep
Whose shame was great
Three kids, two dads
Two marriages failed
But it wasn’t a husband I couldn’t keep
It was me that bailed
Before drowning deep.

A matriarch of dysfunction
I am proud to be
What’s the point in a marriage
Full of misery?
Now we have four names between us
By choice I might add
And a stack of labels if you want
To make us look bad.

But I don’t live by the creed
Of appearances and need
I won’t stay miserable on the inside
While the outside deceives
I won’t stay put and shut up
While my life force bleeds.

I have a new life now
My family is thriving
Dysfunctional or not
We are not just surviving
We are living and loving
And learning each day
Because the shame and the guilt
Are gone, thrown away.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment