Sunday 12 April 2015

167: Night Owl


They say, the early bird
Gets the worm
If you get in first
You’ll get more turns.

Yet I can’t let go
Of my weekend lie-in
I need a great incentive
My day to begin.

You see, I’m a night owl
I struggle to sleep
I need those hours in the morning
My health, to keep.

My brain stays active
It won’t switch off
Even when my body says
It’s had more than enough.

Now if I had a good reason
To seek my bed at night
I could get up early
Everything would be right.

But my bed is empty
A cavernous space
There is nobody there
With strong arms to embrace.

No one to soothe my body
When my head over-reacts
Nobody there
My thoughts to distract.

So I’m a night owl
That’s just the way it is
Until tempted to bed
By a good-night kiss.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment