Wednesday 15 April 2015

168: Cravings


Thoughts of you
Go around in my head
Is it this hard for you
or is it easy instead?

Sometimes I wish
My heart didn’t feel
But I’ve been there before
And that life’s not real.

A life without feelings
Is so incomplete
But what I have now
Is both bitter and sweet.

Like the dark chocolate I crave
But I try to resist
One bite isn’t enough
Yet I have to insist.

If I go back for more
Regrets soon will follow
Can’t do that to my heart
it would be too hard to swallow.

Some days, my will power
Is strong and holds fast
On other days the chocolate
Has me tied to the mast.

A little of what you fancy
Does you good so they say
And I wonder If I could cope
No feelings in the way.

But that would be wrong
To be ashamed of my heart
To deny what I have felt
To be cold and apart.

Yet I still love the taste
And if I want to take a bite
I know my heart will cope
And everything will be alright.

I am not made of steel
And I’m not bullet proof
But I’m still standing here
And oh look, so are you!


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment