Thursday 27 November 2014

34: Journey into Madness



Toxic! Toxic!
Warning! Keep Away!
The signs flash, in sickly green light.
Now why did I, ignore that,
that very first night?

Could have! Should have!
Steered a different course.
Ignorant, naïve and foolish,
I approached the danger zone.
Irradiation was my wish.

Danger! Danger!
Withered foes lie strewn.
A landscape, full of human debris,
yet I can’t see him,
as the cause of all this misery.

Madness! Madness!
Insanity lies beyond.
I willingly tread, on contaminated land.
Not wishing, to go back.
Think I can handle this man.

Poison! Poison!
Running through my veins.
The sickness spreads insidiously.
The innocent are slain.
All gone; my integrity.

Painful! Painful!
To leave or to stay.
Perdition is hard to escape.
Every step filled with fear and dread.
In my foggy mind I prayed.

Guilty! Guilty!
Feelings in my heart.
Every day, I see their pain.
It registers and huddles with my own,
in a frightened corner of my brain.

Escape! Escape!
Go now! Save a life!
Dangerously, unstable now,
you teeter on the edge,
I know what to do; but how?

Away! Away!
Reach out, help comes in.
It’s not easy. I don’t deny;
but angels do exist.
They were standing by my side.



Lady Satellite

Thanks to all my angels; past, present and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment