Friday 7 November 2014

14: Answering the Call


I hear the quiver, in your voice,
as soon as I pick up your call.
The one that says, ‘Mum I’m scared!’
Not feeling brave at all.

My heart catches, when I hear you,
as fear jolts through my chest.
'Where are you?' 'What has happened?'
Tell me quick, for I cannot rest.

Images pile up in my mind,
unbidden they keep coming.
I steer you, to tell your tale
and release my cloud of worry.

You had a crash, my fears explode,
in hot rivulets of pain.
Haltingly the details emerge,
adrenaline subsides again.

The road was greasy, in the rain,
you spun and hit the poles!
No, you’re not hurt! The cars ok!
There was no one else involved!

Thank God for the angel, that stopped the traffic
and helped you on your way.
Let’s get you home, none of it matters,
It can be fixed another day.

Lady Satellite

You never know when you pick up the phone, what news you will hear; but somehow a mother always knows immediately when they are needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment