Tuesday 11 November 2014

18: Housework Can Wait!


So many things I’d rather do,
than clean the kitchen floor!
I could dance, I could sing,
I could do many things;
but get that mop and swing
it back and forth and back again,
is not on my list of joyful things!

So many things I’d rather do,
than mow the bloody lawn!
I could swim, I could bathe,
in the sun I could laze;
but get that mower
and pick up the doggy-do’s,
is not on my list of things to amuse!

So many things I’d rather do,
than clean the flipping bath!
I could write, I could dream,
I might like to scream;
but to clean out the hair
the kids have left there,
is not on the list about which I care!

So many things I’d rather do,
than dig out bloomin’ weeds!
I could laugh, I could play,
might even run away;
but pulling out weeds
on my hands and knees,
I’ll give that a miss, I’d much rather read!

So many things I'd rather do,
on a beautiful summer’s day.
I could run, I could drive,
I might even fly,
but see you I must,
or else I’ll combust!
The housework can wait ‘til another day!

Lady Satellite


No comments:

Post a Comment