Wednesday 19 November 2014

26: Live for the Weekend


Monday, the start of the week.
Finding it hard to let go of sleep.
Make the effort, drag yourself out
Get the kids ready, try not to shout.

Tuesday, the week’s a rollin’.
Planning the weekend, keeps me going.
What shall I do? Who shall I see?
Is there anything on? Who’s coming with me?

Wednesday, hope it’s pay,
Yes! Let’s celebrate! No! feels grey!
Look in the fridge, what’s for tea?
Try to think of something, that isn’t beans.

Thursday, the weekend’s coming,
I’m feeling happy and I’ve started humming.
My plans are in place. I made the calls.
Nearly there now. Hope the weather holds.

Friday dawns, I’ll be seeing you soon.
Get the work done. Why’s it still only noon!
The afternoon drags, but it’s okay,
Can’t bring me down, soon be on our way.

Saturday starts, lazily.
There’s no rush. Today I’m free.
Time with friends and lots of laughter.
Shared experience, to be treasured after.

Sunday I cling, to last night’s memory.
Comforting and warm, I cradle it carefully.
Don’t want to go home, where the housework waits.
There’s more to life, like time with mates!

Lady Satellite


No comments:

Post a Comment