Saturday 24 January 2015

91: Catharsis


Poems, poems, going around in my head
If I write them down, will they get read?

Does anybody mind, in this world gone mad
If my poems are good, or if they are bad?

Oddly enough, I really don’t care
I’m writing for me, to be self-aware.

If however, my words strike a chord
Then please feel free, to give some applause!

If you don’t like, the words that I write
That’s okay, but please be polite.

They’re not all grand and complicated
Most are quick and simply stated.

It matters not, whether long or short
It is the process of writing, that makes me less fraught.

If you find yourself, with your features in a frown
I’d recommend, you write it down.

Identify the feeling, put it on paper
You will find, it turns into vapour.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment