Monday 19 January 2015

87: Ready


I read to you tonight
You gave me courage, with your insight.
My head is reeling
But I want to remember this feeling.

At first there was a silence
I didn’t know how to take.
Were you confused?
Had I lost you?
Were you stumbling over words
To let me down gently?

These thoughts collide inside my brain.
Was the meaning too obscure?
Is my judgement faulty?
I felt this piece had merit
Was I misguided?
My pride has fallen.

I hear you speaking
But in my jaded state
I do not listen.
Blah blah blah write
Blah exhibit
Sell, blah blah publish…

But your voices are excited.
The energy catches hold of my heart
And ripples through me.
That word permeated my brain.
I am astonished.
Publish, you said publish!

I look up and see your faces
There is encouragement and more.
Ideas and suggestions
Not to improve or remodel
But to print to promote
To publish, to sell!

This feeling I really like
I want to stand before the mic’
You give me courage to perform
My enthusiasm reborn.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment