Tuesday 5 May 2015

184: Caught


What is this magnetic force
This attraction that pulled me inexorably towards you?

I have become caught in your atmosphere
My satellite gracefully circumnavigating your globe forever.

Feedback from my probes and scanners
Brings my circuitry to life.

Wherever you are on land or sea
You are tracked with precision
Keeping you in my sights
As I glide past high above
Freely orbiting and yet tenderly held
By the force of your gravity.

Neither can escape
Both moving without constraint
Yet bonded together by universal laws.

As I pass over your horizon
Connection is temporarily lost.

Life continues a little colder
And with less definition on the dark side
Until I reappear shining brightly above you
Basking in the reflected light of our sun.

Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment