Monday 4 May 2015

181: The Slither


I love that word
Slither
The one you dropped on me
That morning
It landed
Without warning
And shocked me out of sleep.

Is that how I have been?
Is that how you see me?
Have I been a bed-hog, quite obscene?
Have you been squashed, to the extreme?

Does it put you out at night
To have me by your side
Or are neither of us used
To having a companion on this ride?

Deliberate, it was not
I assure you there was no plot
To push you to the edge
Of that wide expansive bed.

I enjoyed your body so much
I simply couldn’t get enough
Couldn’t tear myself away
On the other side to lay.

Why would I wish to leave
The beauty I perceive
The strength I so admire
On the other side to retire?

No, the slither is a compliment
A bold statement of my intent
To have my wicked way with you
Again and again until I’m through.

And when at last, I am sated
And I no longer have
The power to move unaided
Roll me away to the far side, elated
And I will not trouble you
Just lie there wasted.


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment