Monday 4 May 2015

182: Reaching Out



Do I aim to please
With these words I weave
And if so who
Is it me or you?

Am I seeking to entertain
Or is the purpose
Mere vanity
But then again
Perhaps
It’s just insanity?

I mean why else would I choose
To talk about sex and abuse
To discuss therapy and divorce
And men with a bad attitude.

Would you stand on this stage
Speaking about transgenderism
And then suicide
Would you?
Could you?
Or do you have too much pride?

Why not, is my answer
Why shouldn’t I do this?
It’s not as if everybody’s life is pure bliss.

We all have challenges
We all have pain
It’s what you do with it
That matters
It’s how you climb back up again.

Are you going to stay in that pit?
Are you going to let life, pass on by
While you wallow in your own shit
And gradually die?

I could, but I won’t
I will never give in
I’m a competitive bugger
I don’t want those things to win.

It’s not about right and wrong
It’s not about blame and sin
It’s about telling a story
Pouring out emotion
About making you feel something
About forward motion.

I’m not here to soothe you
With ointment and lotion
I may entertain
If I do that’s a bonus
But my purpose is to reach out
To the lost and the lonely.



Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment