Saturday 25 October 2014

Introducing Lady Satellite and the 365 Poems Project

Hi, I'm Helen Jenour otherwise known as Lady Satellite. This blog is my personal challenge to get writing. I've always wanted to publish a book, but that's pretty difficult to do if you don't commit to writing! So here it is, a commitment to write the equivalent of one poem a day for a year and see what I end up with. Hopefully I will learn many things along the way and connect with like minded people. I am starting with the usual doubts and insecurities so I'll just put those out there, here and now:
  • Can I produce 365 poems in a year? The answer is yes, but do I have enough commitment to see it through? That's a more relevant question. Who knows?
  • Do I have enough topics to write about? Well I have lots going on in my life so that should give me plenty to write about but it could make it difficult to fulfil the challenge!
  • Do I have enough talent or even any talent at all, for writing? Well I'll let you be the judge of that. Let me know what you think. It will help me improve.
  • Will anyone want to read my work? I have no idea, but I do know that I have found great inspiration in things other people have written and would love to pass that on.
Here goes everything!
Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment