Saturday 25 October 2014

1: Going With His Flow


No more fighting against the flow.
My son is here to teach me.
While I fought and struggled for what should be,
I missed the point which now is plain.

Forget my dreams, for they are mine,
his life is his and I have no right to shame,
for he has gained a mother who at last understands,
he is who he is and I am his guiding hand.

In a world that overloads his senses,
my love is the warm comfort,
of the blanket he hides under in distress,
and I will not pull him from it,
because of what should be.
I love you now, as you are,
not, as who I thought you would be.

I can’t answer all your questions.
I can’t begin to fathom your games.
Your thoughts run in tangents I can’t follow,
and your emotions are a maze,
but I am here, at the centre of the maelstrom that is your life.
Though I may bend and shake with the whirlwind,
I will never break, I will flow.

Lady Satellite

This poem is for anyone who has a child with autism or anxiety, in their life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment