Wednesday 29 October 2014

5: Fifteen Minutes of Fame


What would you tell the world;
if you had your fifteen minutes?
If you could do some good;
what would you share within it?

If you had a chance to speak;
would you use it well?
Would your mind go blank?
Have you something wise to tell?

If I had my audience waiting;
I’d be ready and I’d be calm.
Yes, I have something to say;
and no, there would be no alarm.

Whether they would listen,
I really cannot say;
but there’s no harm in trying,
so let’s get under way.

I have one piece of advice,
I would love to share with all,
who live in hope and wander free,
hoping to meet Mr Right, eventually.

If it seems too good to be true,
they say it usually is;
so ask tough questions
like: What motive is truly his?

Think for yourself,
or you’ll come undone.
Don’t be told, why they’re doing it.
Please don’t be that dumb.

Don’t ignore the evidence,
that counters your rosy dream;
people aren’t, just as they seem,
their motives aren’t that clean.

Take a good hard look,
be that fly upon the wall.
Don’t believe just what he tells you;
please don’t be that silly fool!

If you can keep this in mind,
when your heart’s on fire.
You’ll do better than me,
when swamped with desire.

Words mean nothing,
only actions are true.
Ignore what they say;
look only at what they do.

Never mind they fĂȘte you now,
what they do to others,
gives a stronger indication,
of what the future covers.

How do they treat animals?
What do they say about their ex?
What kind of drunk are they?
What’s their attitude to sex?

What things make them mad?
Have you seen them in a rage?
Have they ever scared you?
Do they need centre stage?

Have they ever hurt someone?
Can they look you in the eye?
Are they ashamed of the past?
Do they seek to justify?

I don’t want to paint a picture
of a life, long and bleak,
but please look long and hard;
before into marriage you leap.

I would not steer you wrong,
I have no axe to grind,
but take responsibility,
do not let yourself be blind.

If you do not do this, 
you really cannot mind,
when your fairy-tale is shattered,
‘cause you didn’t read the signs.

Lady Satellite

For anyone who's been a fool. I'm sure I'm not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment