Thursday 30 October 2014

6: Hot Shopping!

I walk around the supermarket,
with a laughing smile.
I haven’t had this much fun,
in a long, long while.

People smile and wonder,
what’s affecting me.
I’m enraptured by your messages,
by the words that I can see.

As I walk along the aisles,
trying hard to concentrate,
on cereal and bacon,
you have me in a state!

I’m delirious with pleasure,
your messages delight.
I laugh until I cry.
This I cannot fight.

I wonder what they think,
those who pass by me.
I cannot keep a straight face,
let alone steer a trolley!

I really cannot care,
if I leave without the bread,
or I buy the wrong deodorant,
you’re messing with my head!

I can’t believe you’re working;
you surely can’t get much done.
My phone whistles constantly,
Oh my God this is fun!

My body is at the checkout now,
but my head is far away;
I have dreamed and I have dared,
for one amazing day.

So sad that this is over,
you leave me with an ache;
from laughing and from smiling,
my muscles need a break.

I’ll see you again soon,
in my dreams or on the net;
Best not meet at the grocery,
All my shopping I’ll forget!


Lady Satellite

Fun can happen anywhere. I hope this makes you smile as much as I did writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment