Wednesday 17 June 2015

213: A Feminist's Dilemma


To shave or not to shave, that is the question.
Whether ‘tis nobler to maintain the principle
of warmth in winter and let hair freely grow
or whether in pursuit of some ideal of perfection
I should shave my limbs smooth because society approves
and render my body colder with every hair that I remove.

My body image is just fine
wearing jeans and stockings in winter time
the decision not to shave was quite easy
until along came a man who upset my logical plan
and made my feminist principles uneasy.

Thoughts of being seen in your underwear
make you think hard about whether you care.
Do you feel sexy as nature intended?
Do you really care if your man is offended?
Shouldn’t he love me just as I am?
Is my self-confidence really just a sham?

It’s hard to be sure about my reasons anymore
the only thing I know, is that hair has got to go
but am I really doing it, for him or for me?
To hell with feminist principle, I like smooth and sexy!


Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment