Friday 5 June 2015

203: Room for Rent


You haven’t stolen my heart
I chose to let you enter
despite the dodgy start
I think you’ll be a good renter.

You’re intelligent and smart
so I don’t think I’ll get bored
just remember I don’t like drunks
and don’t get too self-assured.

I love that you’re fit and healthy
please don’t turn into a slob
I love that you’re gainfully employed
so please don’t lose your job.

I don’t mind if your hair goes white
although I’d prefer if it stays on your head
and it doesn’t matter if you’re tall
because we all dance horizontal in bed.

You’ve earnt your place in my heart
I am happy to have you dwelling there
you are respectful of the privilege
and I know you’ll always take care.

Just remember that room in my heart
is only rented, you don’t own me
bad tenants will be evicted
that’s the rule in the love economy.

Lady Satellite

No comments:

Post a Comment